Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Broken Record

First of all, I have absolutely no interest in Michael Jackson's trial. However, I do have quite an interest in Michael Jackson's music. Which brings me to this: When you listen to a classic track like P.Y.T. or I Want You Back, it reminds you of how incredibly talented this man once was. It’s a shame he’s fallen so low. Sort of like a broken stained glass window. Then again, it was probably broken all this time and the show was to pretend it wasn’t. It was a good show, I suppose. For purely selfish reasons, I just wish it had been real and the cracks weren’t there. Again, it’s a shame. With something like this, sometimes you’re so repulsed by the circumstances that you feel bad even listening to the music, which is a crappy situation, since, of course, the music is some of the best ever recorded.

This blog is based on a true story.