Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

-C.S. Lewis

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Now or Never

Colbert, after reading your editorial in today's Washington Post I have a few things to say.

Now, I didn't think it was completely terrible. For example, this was a particularly good point that caught my eye.

First, to state the obvious: The people caught stealing on camera in that majority-black city weren't doing it because they were black. Just as raiders of corporate treasuries don't do it because they are white. Skin color has nothing to do with the urge to take what doesn't belong to you.
But regarding the thesis of your column, the contention that this isn't the time for outrage, I've got exactly two words for you.

With respect, here they are:

1. Screw
2. You

This blog is based on a true story.